The brochure for the Direct Gardening Association (DGA) summer conference just arrived, filled with programs I’m looking forward to. Among them:
• Improving your online results through segmentation, by Jason Revzon of Taunton Press (publishers of Fine Gardening), who has tripled site traffic to Taunton’s websites in the last three years
• Facing up to another 20% plus postal increase, by Hamilton Davison founder and executive director of the American Catalog Mailers Association
• How to sell across multiple channels, a panel of experts offering tips for expanding your business
• Targeting and engaging new customers, by Kerry Ann Mendez, gardening author, teacher, and lecturer
• How to get the most out of co-op databases, by Jerry Joyce, whose background in circulation at the Improvements catalog, plus multiple coop database companies, gives us a broad perspective.
• Building a strong, sustainable team in an entrepreneur-led business, by Al Bessin of Lenser
• Building online influence to drive revenue, by Brad Schwarzenbach of Tipping Point Labs, who will expand on the hugely popular presentation he gave at our Winter conference
• Plus round tables on negotiating shipping rates…encouraging gardening with children…video promotion…and much more
The conference will run from August 15 to 17 at the Doubletree Magnificent Mile in Chicago. If you’re planning to attend the Independent Garden Center Show the same week, it’s a great way to get twice the value from a single trip. For details, check out the Direct Gardening Association website.