Anyone who owns a web site or develops them needs to know the basic principles of search engine optimization. A very good place to start is seomoz.org., which describes itself as a “hub for search marketers worldwide…providing education, tools, resources and paid services to help make every SEO the best they can be.”
They offer a wide variety of interactive tools and written guides, many of them free, to help you improve your search engine ranking. Unlike many such guides, they’re easy for neophytes to understand and implement. The freebies include:
• The Internet Marketing Handbook
• The Web Developer’s SEO Cheat Sheet
• The Beginner’s Checklist for Small Business SEO (Local Search)
• The Beginner’s Checklist for Learning SEO
• The SEO Industry Survey Results
The interactive tools help with determining keywords, assessing your page content and links from an SEO perspective, and monitoring your search rankings.
Have a look!